When laying up ads, it is always desirable to get the best results for the least efforts. It is paramount to keep the engagement of the post highly positive so that you can reach the most number of people while widening the range of your audience. Following are some tips on how to make a reasonably good Facebook advertisement.
How Ad Cost is Determined
Advertisers and marketers have to pay for ad impressions, which are given over in units of 1,000. These get reported as CPM in the ads manager. The CPM can be different based on timing, budget, placement, demand, relevance score, etc. Another factor to consider is engagement custom audience, which is a list of the users who have had an interaction with the ad-based Facebook content. With custom audience, the first reason they interact is brand aspects.
Calculating Post Engagement
- Sign in to the page admin.
- Launch Facebook Page Insights
- Go down a bit and locate Your 5 Most Recent Posts. Here, choose See All Posts.
- At the top, you will normally see three colored boxes as well as two drop-down menus. Choose Reach out of the first menu.
- Choose Engagement Rate out of the second menu.
- Figure out the posts that received the highest engagement rates, and compare these. From that, isolate the ones that are similar. See what has been working this far, and keep assessing. Don’t bother with the low engagement posts.
- Always refresh your content strategy, and make the same or better posts than the ones you have currently. When Facebook next changes its algorithm, you will be better placed to optimize the best performing content.
With better engagement rates, you can be sure that the posts will be relevant to the algorithm, and people can get to your content easily. When you have high post engagement reach, you will have a custom audience that is re-targetable, and for whom you can obtain the best Facebook ads.
If you are looking to put up posts, which engage the targeted audience, make sure that these are conversational, and that your audience is able to share their views over and over. For creating conversational content, it is important to ask questions, and engage the reader in chat threads on the page. As more and more people interact on the page, it will lead the algorithm directly to the said page.